Hello dear friend, thank you for choosing to start a Facebook fundraiser on our behalf! Your advocacy is crucial to the future success of our mission to rebuild the only alternative to corporate-owned factory-farm poultry.
Create Your Fundraiser
- Head over to this link and fill out the details for the fundraiser.
- Facebook will generate a standard name for the fundraiser. You can use it or change it to your liking. If you have a birthday coming up it may be good to title it as a birthday fundraiser to help encourage your friends to participate. On giving Tuesday many people title their fundraisers, Frank’s Giving Tuesday Fundraiser for…
- Enter a goal amount of money you want to raise. We suggest that you set this to be between $250-$1,000, or more if you preffer. You should choose an amount that seems aspirational but not daunting.
- Select an end date and a currency for the fundraiser. We suggest making it a bit longer than the standard 2 weeks. We’ve found the fundraisers take about 4 weeks to acheive maximum efficacy.
- We’ve per-filled the about section of the fundraiser with a description of our orginization and the work we’ll be undertaking at the GSCC. Aside from the first paragraph, which is provided by facebook, we suggest you keep this language in place.
- Press Create to start the fundraiser.
Promote Your Fundraiser
- Once the fundraiser is created, to ensure it’s successful it’s crutial that you take the following steps to promote it.
- Make a donation yourself to get it started
- Invite your friends to the fundraiser
- Share the fundraiser on your wall, on any applicable social media, and/or through other means such as email. Sharing it with groups you’re a part of on Facebook is also a great way to promote it. Make sure to tag the Good Shepherd Conservancy wherever possible in these posts.
- Post to the fundraiser and share the fundraiser to your facebook page once or twice a week, or more in the case of a short fundraiser, until it’s completed. Keep encouraging folks to donate, say it’s their last chance, and repeat the reasons of why it’s a worthy cause. To have maximum impact you have to be a bit repetitive and to keep pushing the message.
Once the fundraiser ends facebook will send us all the donated funds. Please also feel free to contact us via our website or Facebook page and tell us about your fundraiser, we’d love to hear from you!